What is Google Pinyin Input Method (IME)
Now, Chinese character input software is no longer available on the laptop or desktop. The reason is that Google Pinyin has changed the way Microsoft Windows works. It is Google that predicts the output with the help of its search engine technology. You should know that Pinyin is a very intelligent Mandarin input software.
What is Google IME?
Google IME is nothing but a Google Input Tool. It is a set of input method editors by Google for more than 22 languages as of now. Generally, IME converts your keystrokes into characters in another language. Google IME allows the users to type in their native language text directly in any application without the need for copy and pasting.
What is Google Pinyin?
Google Pinyin IME is actually a novel input method that Google China Labs developed to optimize Chinese language typing in Android. It supports both traditional and simplified Chinese letters, digits, as well as punctuation, emoticons, and some Latin characters.
People use this to type the Chinese language. You can use both the simplified and traditional Chinese characters with the application. Besides, it allows you to input punctuation, emoticons, Latin characters, and digits. The app features network-based voice input to offer highly accurate matches.
Google Inc developed the program. With the help of an auto-start registry entry, the program is capable of running on Windows. googlepinyindaemon.exe is a special executable program.
It contains five files and has about 1.01 MB (1,063,155 bytes) in size.
In most cases, you can find PCs running the Windows 7 OS (SP1) and Windows 10. According to a report, approx 37% of users of Google Pinyin IME are from the United States. The app is famous in Hong Kong and Malaysia.
People got the app on April 4, 2007, in the market. But since March 2019, the application has been discontinued. They delete the app’s download page tools.google.com/pinyin/. However, to download the application, you should use https://dl.google.com/pinyin/v2/GooglePinyinInstaller.exe. It is available from July 31, 2021.
The stable release of the 184.108.40.206 version was June 19, 2014. On January 28, 2011, the 220.127.116.11 version was released. It comes with a freeware license.
Get Familiar with Pinyin:
It has had a significant demand since around 1950. About 409 sounds are available in Chinese. According to the experts, if the number increases, it will be easier to learn Chinese. Using the Pinyin chart, you can learn how to pronounce each character in Chinese. You can get the chart available both offline and online.
Windows: It can be available from August 2012 for Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 & Windows 10 version 1511, or below. People can get both types of versions — 32-bit and 64-bit.
Android: In March 2009, the tool was available for Android 1.5 or newer versions. It is compatible with the user dictionary synchronization with the desktop version.
Linux: There were over 20% of users of the app who wanted to use a Linux version of the input method at the end of 2008. However, Linux users are porting the Android Google Pinyin IME to the non-Android Linux IME framework SCIM.
Its module for SCIM is also available after Christmas 2009, and it is for the Nokia Maemo 5 platform. It indicates that you can download the app to any Nokia N900 model.
Mac OS X: This one is a closed beta version of the app for Mac OS X. On September 14, 2010, it was leaked. However, people still haven’t got the first public version.
Startup File (User Run): The executable file is GooglePinyinDaemon.exe, loaded in the current user (HKCU) registry. It can start automatically and is named ‘Google IME Autoupdater.’ The file executes as C:Program FilesGoogleGoogle PinyinGooglePinyinDaemon.exe.
Startup File (All Users Run): Here, GooglePinyinDaemon.exe is available in the all users (HKLM) registry. You can find this executable file as a startup file named ‘Google IME Autoupdater.’ It will load as “C:Program FilesGoogleGoogle PinyinGooglePinyinDaemon.exe”.
Google Pinyin Input on Android Device:
Google keyboard is a default app in all android mobiles. The reason is that Google adjusts all things. This keyboard contains around 500 languages. It allows you to customize language or add a new one that is based on the user priority.
You can add another language very quickly within seconds using Google keyboard. If you want to change the language, then tap on the globe available on the bottom left. After that, you can change it to any language you prefer. But make sure that you have added the language to your keyboard earlier. Otherwise, you are unable to do so.
How to Use Google pinyin keyboard on Android Mobiles:
There are two different styles in the Chinese(Pinyin) language. These are ‘Simplified’ and ‘Traditional.’ Generally, people use simplified versions as traditional keyboards are not simple. In the traditional keyboards, everything is available in detail. Therefore, if you don’t have a depth of knowledge, you cannot use it. You should always use the Simplified keyboard as it is the best one.
Whether you have an android phone, you can set up a Google pinyin keyboard easily. If you don’t have any Google keyboard already installed, you must install it from the Play Store.
You should go through the steps to use the keyboard on android phones.
- First, your job is to tap on the Settings option.
- Then, your task is to scroll the page down till you don’t see the option
- “languages and input.” As soon as you see the option, tap on it.
- Now, hit the option ‘languages’ and then the ‘Add a language’ option.
- Again, you are required to scroll the page down till you don’t see the Chinese option. If you want, you can look for it in the search bar. Then, choose the first option. After that, you need to tap on the first option again. Now, you can use the keyboard on your android phone.
Input Problem in Android Mobiles:
Sometimes, people can face issues with the Google keyboard. There are three to four steps how you can solve the issue. Whenever you hear any problem with android apps, ensure that you have cleared the app cache. After removing the app cache, your job is to force stop the application. After that, your task is to restart the mobile phone. We assure you that your problem will get solved now.
In case the issue is still available, then you should go forward to apply the next step.
Whether you have any issue with these keyboards, then read the under-given steps.
- First, your job is to navigate to the Settings option.
- After that, you should look for the option ‘Manage apps.’ When you have got the option, tap on that.
- Now, you are required to scroll down to choose the Google pinyin input option.
- A few keys appear in front of you. Then, your task is to hit the option ‘clear data.’
- Next, click on the ‘App permissions’ option. After that, hit the Restrict data usage option. After that, you have to untick one time, and then again, you should tick all the options.
- At last, perform a restart to use your mobile. We wish now the keyboard allows you to use it.
How to Use Google Pinyin Keyboard on iPhone:
There are iOS devices like iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc. These don’t contain an in-built Google pinyin keyboard. If you have an iPhone and want to install it, then go to the App store. On the flip side, iOS devices offer an inbuilt keyboard. Here, users are capable of including additional languages. You are capable of the keyboard by following the steps:
- Navigate to the Settings first on the Apple device.
- Then, your job is to choose the option ‘General.
- Now, click on the ‘keyboard’ option.
- Tap on the ‘Keyboards’ option after that.
- Next, your task is to hit the option ‘Add new keyboards.’
- After that, look for the ‘Chinese’ (simplified) and then choose it.
- Now, your task is to select the first option (Qwerty).
- At last, you can use the pinyin input.
How to Use Google Pinyin in windows:
Because of the deprecation of Google ClientLogin authentication, it was failed to synchronize with windows for a long time. You are unable to use them when it comes to windows. However, if you want, you can use Chinese (Pinyin) to type. This one is available within the language settings of each Windows OS. You should go through the steps to enable the app in windows.
- First, your task is to tap on the Windows icon, i.e., the Start button, which is available in the bottom-left.
- Now, your job is to tap on the Settings option.
- After that, look for the option ‘Time and language’ and then tap on that.
- After that, you should choose the regional
- language that is available on the left menu.
- Now, a ‘+” plus symbol appears. You should click on the option ‘Add a language.’
- Next, tap on the ‘Chinese simplified’ option.
- Choose the first option (Simplified keyboard) after that.
- Get out of the Settings option.
- Finally, you should enable the keyboard. To do this, tap on the “ENG” option available at the bottom-right of your display. Choose the option ‘Chinese simplified’ now.
How to Use Google Pinyin Input keyboard with YouTube:
You can follow the method only when you have YouTube before version 2.00.18. It is not for version 2.00.18 and above.
Follow the steps accurately to use the keyboard. Hence, you have to set the keyboard as default.
- First of all, tap on the HOME key available on the remote to navigate the Home menu. Next, your task is to scroll down to the application and then choose YouTube.
- After that, tap on the search button available on the top left display. You can see the on-screen keyboard available on your TV. Desktop options are available on the on-screen keyboard.
- It enables you to enter Pin Yin. When you input a character on the keyboard, the app will translate to the related Chinese character.
- At last, the desktop permits you to put English text. It also enables you to put special characters.
Do you prefer to use the default Microsoft Pinyin IME 3.0? Or want to use the its text service input method? In this case, you can find the typing rate of the app slow. As a result, you can face issues with spelling the word. But it happens when you never use the Hanyu Pinyin phonetic pronunciation for the alphabet. It is the reason why Google has released an updated input method. It allows you to enhance the speed of your typing rate. Thus, you can also boost the input efficiency of the Chinese language.
Key features of Google Pinyin:
- It allows you to make sentences with smart, accurate word interpreting. You can use long phrases or sentences using it.
- Using the app, you can integrate popular vocabulary and phrases from the web. You can search on the internet for a richer phrase database.
- It is capable of personalizing the Chinese character input method. Here, all the personal dictionaries and usage habits have connections with Google Account. You can sync and use it at any place on the desktop or on the web.
- There is an input box tool that allows you to look for the web. Just hit a key, and you can go for it.
- It gives you intelligent error correction when you misspell words.
- The app is compatible with user-defined short phrases that are perfect for special shorthands.
- Based on the first few letters, it can suggest the English word. Thus, it can make your work very easy.
- It is compatible with the Hanyu Pin Yin acronym and fuzzy phonetics that are ideal for speakers from various areas. When you enable it, you can hear sounds of zh, sh, and ch as z, s, h.
- The app can manage the order of the Chinese words or phrases. Hence, the sequence depends on the past usage frequency.
- It is compatible with the input of traditional Chinese (Big5 or GBK character set) also.
- The app offers GBK large font resources. It indicates the extension of the GB2312 character set.
- You always get to see the most frequently used words and phrases at the top. Thus, you can easily increase your typing speed.
- You can use the stroke input methods also for uncommon words. It is helpful for those who don’t know such phonetics. If you are willing to enter the stroke input mode, your job is to begin it with the letter ‘u.’
Helpful tips to follow while using it:
- Do you have any Chinese input method for your Windows system? If yes, then you must switch the mode to the Google input method.
- You are required to tap on the shift button for switching between Chinese and English input mode.
- When you are using the Chinese input mode, you have to tap on the Enter button. You should not press the Space key. Thus, you can enter the text typed as English in place of the Chinese characters.
- You can use the app to type quickly one or two English words when you are typing any Chinese article.
- Make sure that Fuzzy spelling (Pinyin acronym) is not set as default.
- It can detect all URLs or email addresses automatically. You don’t need to switch input languages beforehand.
- The app uses the simplified Chinese mode by default. Whether you are willing to switch it to the traditional Chinese character set, you have to tap on the toolbar of the IME. Then, you are required to choose the option Traditional Chinese.
- When you want to use it on the android phone, you should enable the input method. To do this, go to the option “Settings” and then to the “Language & Input” option. You can get the legacy version 18.104.22.168 of the app available to download. It is perfect for older Windows systems. But it is when your system is unable to run the newer version 2 of the app. We have given here the direct download link of the Google Pinyin v1: https://dl.google.com/pinyin/v1/GooglePinyinInstaller.exe.
It is compatible with Microsoft Windows 2000 SP4, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, or its later versions. You can use it on Internet Explorer 6.0, 6.5, 7.0, and its above versions.
How to Write Chinese on Android:
This app is the official Chinese text input app of Google. There is no default way of writing the Chinese language on your Android mobile phone. However, there is an official app that gives an ad for this feature to your mobile. You should download the app from the Android Market. After that, your task is to enable the app through the “Language & Keyboard Settings” menu. Doing this allows your mobile to input Chinese characters into any text field.
- First, your job is to press the “Market” icon that you can see on the Android mobile phone. After that, your task is to click on the “Search” icon. Now, you should write “Google Pinyin IME” in the empty area and then hit the “Search” key.
- After that, hit the “Google Pinyin IME” option. You can see it available in the list of search results. Now, you need to click on the green “Install” key. Make sure that you have successfully completed the installation process for installing the app onto your Android device.
- Tap on the “Menu” key after that. Now, hit the “Settings” option that is available in the menu. After that, you should click on the “Language & Keyboard” option available in the “Settings” menu. You can keep a checkmark beside the “Google Pinyin IME” option.
- At last, you should press the “?123” key available on your Android’s on-screen keyboard and hold it. Doing it will allow you to switch it to Chinese input. Hit the “Input method” option you can see appearing in the window. Then, hit the “Google Pinyin IME” option that you can see in the “Select input method” window. Thus, you are capable of putting the Chinese characters into the text field.
How to Put Chinese characters With the Help of Pinyin:
If you are a Mac user, then you should switch to Pinyin. You should do any one of these in the app.
You need to write the input codes for the characters that you prefer. After that, your task is to choose the characters in the Candidate window. For instance, when you are going to put 苹, you should write “ping.” After that, you are required to choose 苹 in the window.
Enter Full Pinyin (Quanpin):
Do the first two steps similarly as you have done previously. Hence, if you want to type 西安, then write “Xi’an.” Choose the 西安 option in the window.You should use an apostrophe. It helps to separate syllables with ambiguous parsings. It comes with a few modifications that make typing simpler. For instance, you can use “v” to replace “ü.” Therefore, when you are going to put 绿, you are required to write “lv.”
Enter Abbreviated Pinyin (Jianping):
You should write the consonant of every syllable in an input code. Next, choose characters that are available in the Candidate window. For instance, if you are willing to put 计算机, then write “jsj.” Here, “jisuanji” is the input code. Both full and abbreviated Pinyin can be used in similar conversions. Suppose, whether you write “pingguogs” with “gongsi” abbreviated to “gs,” you get the result “苹果公司.”
Enter Structural Pinyin (Chaizi):
You can write a Chaizi input code that has two or more syllables. After that, you have to tap on the Shift-Space bar. For instance, you should write “Jiji” first and then tap on the Shift-Space bar. As soon as the Candidate window opens, you can see the first candidates— 喆, 兓, and 旣.
Show the keyboard layout:
Tap on the Input menu available in the menu bar. After that, you should select the Show Keyboard Viewer.
How to Put Chinese Characters with the Help of Stroke with Pinyin:
If you are a Mac user, then you should switch to Pinyin – A simplified input source.
After that, you should use a prefix key (u). For instance, you can write the following:
|Stroke within Pinyin||Keyboard key|
Whether you write “unnzzsh,” you can see appearing 字 as the first candidate.
For saving time, you can add some words. It becomes helpful when you type the same word again.
How to Erase Google Pinyin Input ID:
Use Email: Two processes are there through which you can get your data and your account. These are as follows:-
- Under GDPR: GDPR is the short form of General Data Protection Regulation. It is helpful for EU Residents. Using this, you can ask an organization to remove your data. It is called the ‘right to erasure.’ It allows you to request verbally or through writing. It is recommended to write via email as it can be used as evidence later. A company or organization contains a calendar month to give a response to your request.
- Under CCPA: CCPA is the short form of the California Consumer Privacy Act. It helps to empower California residents. The business should remove the private data of the consumer from its records. Then, it sends its service providers to remove the information.
To remove your account via email, follow this method of data deletion request:
- First, your task is to write the reasons in the email why you want to remove your information or account. You should know that there isn’t any need to give a reason for your request.
- You should give the related data of your account with the Google Pinyin Input.
- The law needs to be mentioned below, which you will make the request – GDPR or CCPA.
- You should notify the penalty for non-compliance. It is a $7,500 fine under CCPA and an annual turnover of about 4% under GDPR.
- At last, mail to apps-help@redacted.
How to Remove the Pinyin App from Your Mobile:
A lot of reasons are there due to which you can prefer to delete it from your mobile. Clearing storage is one of the reasons sometimes.
We have given here the method of erasing your account both from an iPhone or Android device.
Erasing from an iPhone:
Follow the steps for removing the app from your iPhone model.
- First, navigate to the home display and hit the Google Pinyin Input icon. Then, your job is to hold it until all applications begin shaking.
- You can see an “X” sign on the top right corner of the application.
- Tap on the “X” sign available on the Google IME Input. After that, you should hit the red delete key.
- Tap on the “General” option after going to the iPhone settings first.
- Next, your job is to tap on the “iPhone Storage” option. Then, you should scroll down to check whether all applications are installed on the mobile or not.
- After that, tap on the Google Pinyin Input application for removal.
- At last, your task is to choose the option “Delete Google Pinyin Input” that is available on the next display. Ensure that you have deleted the app properly.
How to Remove the App From Android Mobile Devices:
- If you are willing to remove the app from your android device, navigate to Google Play first. Then, you should open it.
- After that, you should go to the hamburger menu icon and then navigate to “My Apps & Games.”
- You can see a list of available Apps there on the mobile device. Tap on the options Google IME Input.
- At last, your job is to hit the option “Uninstall.”
- You can click on the app from the home screen or app drawer. Hold the app to remove it.
- Tap on the part of the screen displaying the option “Uninstall.”
- First, navigate to the Android phone settings.
- After that, your task is to tap on the option ‘Apps.’
- Choose the options Google IME Input app.
- At last, tap on the “Uninstall” option.
How to Remove It from Windows:
Use the Add/Remove Program feature to remove the app from a laptop or desktop. You can get the feature available in the Window’s Control Panel.
First, tap on the Control Panel on the Start menu. If you have windows 8, then you have to right-click the bottom-left corner of your display. Tap on the Control Panel after that. Now, do any of these according to your windows.
For Windows Vista/7/8/10, you should tap on the option Uninstall a Program.
If you have Windows XP, tap on the Add or Remove Programs option.
As soon as you find the app, tap on that. Then, if you have Windows Vista/7/8/10, tap on the Uninstall option. For Windows XP, hit the Remove or Change/Remove tab. It is available at the right of the program.
While following the prompts, you can see a progress bar. It displays the time that it requires to delete the app.
Google Pinyin Alternatives:
We have given here a few alternatives as well as similar software. You can select any of the apps. Ensure that you are choosing the right software so that it can fit with your Personal Computer OS.
Google Japanese Input: This alternative is a Japanese input method editor (IME). It comes with features like Learning capabilities of frequently used words, etc. The license of this alternative is free.
Google Input Tools: You can switch to a different language and then switch back easily. Just you have to tap the mouse. It offers virtual keyboards also.
The Android authority of Google offers keyboards in all types of languages. It allows you to access any language from your keyboard. In this case, you merely should have a ‘Google
keyboard’. Sometimes, you may not have a Google keyboard on your mobile phone. In these cases, you should download the app from the Playstore or the Appstore.
To do this, first, navigate to the settings option. Then, choose the Languages and inputs option. After that, you are required to include a language. Now, select your preferred language. When you want to change the language, return to the Google keyboard. Hence, your job is to hit the globe symbol. Now, you can easily type the language you have chosen.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What is the method of typing Pinyin in Chinese?
You just need to write the pinyin letters that are followed by the number for the tone.
- What is the installation process of Google Pinyin?
First, tap on the HOME key on the remote to navigate to the Home menu. Go to the Apps shelf then. Choose the Google Play Store icon after that. Now, look for the keyboard Google Input-IME or Google Indic. Install any of these two.
- Why is the app so effective?
Here, you don’t need to write word by word. However, with the use of this app, you can type in paragraphs of ‘Han yu pinyin.’ Thus, you are capable of making typing mandarin / Chinese characters very simple. Windows OS, macOS, etc., have this facility. You merely need to activate the Chinese Keyboards in the settings.